Next month, I will begin my year-long commitment as a Jesuit Volunteer with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps working with youth in a local YMCA Community Center in Bridgeport, Connecticut. I am very excited to start this next journey in my post-grad life! You may be wondering, as a new graduate from a (pretty darn awesome) university, why on earth would I want to take an entire year of my life and commit to a volunteer corps such as the Jesuit Volunteer Corps, instead of employ my eager young mind into the ranks of the business profession?!
Well, I'm glad you asked. A few main reasons why I chose to be a part of the Jesuit Volunteer Corps are because of their main values:
community, spirituality, simplicity, social justice
If you would like to read more about my thoughts on these values, check out my page below. I am also in the midst of fundraising for me as well as my fellow Jesuit Volunteers to work across the United States, and any support is greatly appreciated; whether it may come in the form of monetary donations or sending prayers and encouraging words. Thank you in advance, and thanks for reading my blog!
http://jesuitvolunteers.myetap.org/fundraiser/smts/individual.do?participationRef=3926.0.349008285
No comments:
Post a Comment